Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tri-Fold Shutter Card



I happened to come across a challenge that required making a tri-fold shutter card. Never having made one, I thought I'd give it a try. I was going to enter it into a specific challenge but discovered that I hadn't used the colors that were required. So this one is on the house.

This card was not as difficult to make as I had expected. It just took time to cut all the panels and patterned paper and then adhere them all. But the final product was worth it. If you've never made a shutter card, there are dozens of tutorials and videos out there. Here is a link to a tutorial that I referred to: Tri-Fold Shutter Card. 

The base card was created with GKD ivory card stock. The layers added were from GKD Soft Sand and the patterned papers were various digital papers I had on hand. I did emboss the layers with the butterfly and flowers using Darice Wire Fence EF. The butterfly was die cut using Spellbinders Les Papillions Two and the flowers were cut  from Memory Box Wild Blooms. The sentiment is from PTI Butterfly Dreams and was stamped on a label created with Spellbinders Labels Seventeen.


And this is what the shutter card looks like when folded, ready to be put into an envelope for mailing. What a nice surprise when the recipient opens it!




No comments: