Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Wedding Wishes



I went shopping for plants for my flower beds today and what I saw all around me inspired me to create this card. I thought this would make a gorgeous and elegant wedding card.

I started out with red card stock for my base. I cut the large flourish (Cheery Lynn die) in gold mirror paper. The flourish had leaves which I cut off because I wanted to make red quilled leaves in place of the gold ones. I  adhered the flourish to a white layer, made the quilled leaves and adhered them to the flourish.  I then cut out the smaller flourish (Marianne die) and adhered it in the lower right corner.  Finally, I stamped my sentiment (GKD) with Versamark and embossed it with gold EP.  I was very pleased with the outcome. Now to find a wedding to go to.

This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
The Outlawz  -Twisted Thursday - TT051613

1 comment:

Anne Fairclough said...

Amazing how it so clean and simple and so elegant. Love it....Anne