Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Friday, June 28, 2013

Tiled Rose




This card was made using a technique called "Faux Tiles". It was the theme of the Tutorial Challenge at Speedy TV.  Here is a Link to the tutorial.

First, I prepared my base card in GKD warm cocoa card stock. Next, I added a white layer. Then I cut another layer in GKD honey mustard using Spellbinders Locking Loops die and adhered that to the white layer. 

For my focal point I scored a white panel, both horizontally and vertically, every 1/2 inch. Then I stamped my rose image, from GKD Stately Flowers 6, lightly onto the scored panel. Next, I carefully colored the image with Copics, making sure not to color in the score lines.When colored, I adhered it to the locking loops layer.

My sentiment is from GKD Dogwood and Butterfly stamp set. I stamped it in black on white card stock and then embossed it with clear EP. It was then cut and embossed with Spellbinders Classic Ovals Small. I cut and embossed another oval in honey mustard using Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Ovals Small. I matted the sentiment layer with the scalloped oval and popped it onto the card. 

If you've never tried this technique, I hope you do. I know you'll be happy with the end result.  


This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
Speedy TV - Tutorial Challenge #55 
Sister Act  -  Challenge #13
TTCRD  -  Anything Goes - Jun 25 - Jul 2 
The Outlawz  -  Anything Goes - CPC062813


14 comments:

Margaret said...

I just found your blog Olga. You make very beautiful cards. :)

Olga Moore said...

Hello Margaret, and thank you so much for stopping by my blog. And thanks for the lovely comment you left. I sincerely appreciate it.

Davi said...

Beautiful card Olga! You did a wonderful job with the tiles and love how you framed them :)

Lagene said...

Great faux tile card Olga! Thanks for joining us on TTSTV this week!

marcelle b said...

I love this card Olga, it's so pretty, and I am now a follower! Have a blessed weekend!

Olga Moore said...

Thank you for all your kind words. I truly appreciate your comments.

Unknown said...

Create card Olga well done .

Thank you for joining us at Through The Craftroom Door Challenge this time and GOOD LUCK.
Hugs Elaine

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful and elegant card!! Thank you for entering this week at Sister Act! Good luck!

Trisha-DT

Stampsnob. said...

Very pretty Thanks for joining this week challenge....Lis

Jane said...

Beautifully done Olga!!!
Thanks for joining us this week at TTSTV.

Anonymous said...

This is so lovely. You did a great job with the faux tiles. Thanks for joining us at TTSTV!

Ginny Maxam said...

Beautiful card, I love the tiles and the colors, Great photo work!

Pat said...

Love the framing. Very pretty.

Olga Moore said...

Thank you all so much for your kind comments!