Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Monday, July 29, 2013

Daisy Blues




Hello fellow crafters! Hope you had a wonderful weekend! Mine was spent cleaning out clothes closets which was a task that was long overdue. Next stop.....the linen closet. 

But I did get time to make this card for a challenge at Joan's Gardens. The project was to include a floral background, a doily, and three dimensional flowers with greenery. And this is what I came up with....

I knew I wanted to make a square card so I started with my base, making it 5x5 in white card stock. Next, I die cut my layers. I cut the floral designed digital paper using the scalloped edge die (second from largest) from Marianne Creatables Anja's Squares. I matted that with blue using the largest die from the same die set. 

My next step was to create a doily. However, I only have one doily die but I felt it was too large for the card, so I used a circular die from Marianne Craftables Tiny Hearts. I then cut two circles with Spellbinders Standard Circles dies (large and small), one in white card stock to stamp my sentiment (GKD Spring Mix STV Kit) and the other in blue to mat that sentiment circle. The matted circle was than adhered to the center of the doily. This doily was then adhered to the base card.

If you look very closely at the floral designed paper you'll notice that there are small blue flowers that look a little like daisies or asters. So....I made the three flowers using two different size dies from Heartfelt Creations Delicate Asters. I used both blue card stock and blue vellum to make these. I added Ranger Star Dust Stickles to the centers of the flowers and arranged them around the doily edge.  The greenery was punched with a MS punch and adhered to the flowers.

This completed my project....now on to cleaning out the linen clost.....(sigh)


This card is being entered into the following challenge(s):
Joan's Gardens -  JG0725
Word Art Wednesday  - Challenge #90 - Anything Goes
Sister Act  - Challenge #17 - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create  - Challenge #30 - Anything Goes
The Outlawz  -  TT072513 - Anything Goes - Summer Flowers
The Outlawz  -  GCC0729 - Anything Goes
Marianne Design Divas  -  Layer It Up 

5 comments:

Netty said...

Love your beautiful delicate card, Annette x

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Olga! Your card is just STUNNING! I love everything about it, and it's just SO pretty. You have several beautiful cards here on your blog, and you're obviously VERY talented. I'm SO blessed to have you share with us in our challenge this week, and sincerely hope that you will continue to play along with us and share your talents with us. I look forward to seeing more from you!
Blessings & Hugs,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

P.S. I just became the newest "follower" on your blog and I would be SO THRILLED to also have you stop by my blog and "follow" me. I will invite some of our other friends at Word Art Wednesday to come by and follow your blog as well. Here is my blog address:
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - I LOVE new followers!

Stephanie said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!! I love all the attention to detail and those beautiful die cuts! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday.

Joan Fricker said...

Olga, I thought I had already commented on your beautiful card, but I don't see it, so I will comment again.
I love the design and the details you used for this card, Great colors too.

Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Lindah said...

Lovely card, so sweet. Where did you get the digi paper? So hard to find pretty paper.