Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Aster and Ivy Birthday


 

My daughter's birthday was a few days ago and we celebrated it in my home with a delicious crock pot dinner called Chicken Supreme (per her request) followed by an ice cream birthday cake from Dairy Queen.  I have a candle that plays a "Happy Birthday" tune which I use for every birthday. Sure beats lighting umpteen candles. LOL  Anyway, everything was delightfully delicious and for a gift she received a crock pot (of all things) which she had been asking for. And I believe she is making the Chicken Supreme recipe in her crock pot as I post this. Hope she invites me over for dinner!!!

This is the card that I made for my daughter. It's another big one. The base card is ivory, layered with GKD Sweet Mango and Honey Mustard card stock. Next is an ivory layer embossed with a Cuttlebug Chicken Wire folder. The sentiment was computer generated and then cut with Spellbinder's Floral Oval die and sponged with Memento ink while still in the die.

The flower was created using HFC Delicate Asters and the leafy vine was cut with Cheery Lynn's Ivy Corner Flourish die. Stickles was added to the center of the aster to give it some sparkle.

Hope you enjoyed today's post and will stop by often. And I hope you've been inspired and your creative juices are flowing. Have a productive day!


This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
TTCRD  -  Aug 20-27 - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday  -  Challenge #94 - Anything Goes
The Outlawz  -  Twisted Thursday - Anything Goes
Sister Act  -  Challenge #21 - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create  -  Challenge #33 - Anything Goes

3 comments:

Chana Malkah said...

Olga, this is just beautiful! I love the treatment of the focal grouping! I always say CAS is the best when done well, and your project is executed flawlessly. That wonderful embossing adds depth and really elevates the design! Thanks for dropping this off by our house at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Unknown said...

What a lovely card Olga! Love the embossing and soft color. Thank you for joining the TTCRD challenge and good luck to you.

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful card!! I'm sure your daughter loved it - not only for it's beauty but for the love you put into making it. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday.