Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Friday, August 2, 2013

Best Friend Ever



Hello, everyone!

Today I made this card for this week's challenge at Joan's Gardens. The requirements were: die cut using its negative space, colors of purple and white, a textured layer and some leaves.

For the base I used white card stock. I added a purple layer which was embossed  with a lattice pattern. (I never labeled the EF so I don't know the name or manufacturer). 

My focal point was created with Marianne Creatables Small Ovals by Petra. In the center of the oval I used Memory Box Wild Blooms die to create the negative space left by the die cut. The leaves in the corners were cut with Marianne Creatables Anja's Vintage Swirls. The sentiment, from GKD Stately Flowers 7, was stamped with Memento ink.

Until next time, I hope your weekend starts out great and ends even better! Have a creative one!


This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
Joan's Gardens  -  JG0801
Word Art Wednesday  -  Challenge #91 - Anything Goes
Sister Act  -  Challenge #18 - Anything Goes
TTCRD  - Challenge Jul 30-Aug 5  -  Anything Goes
The Outlawz  -  TT080113  -  Anything Goes

7 comments:

Nancy Hill said...

I am super happy to be the first to compliment you on this beautiful card. I especially love the way you used the Memory Box Wild Blooms. Great job.

Joan Fricker said...

Olga, beautiful card. I love the way you used the negative for your focal point of your card. Colors are yummy too. Great job!
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Karen Letchworth said...

This is very creative, Olga. I am so grateful to have you share your talents in our challenges, and I always enjoy seeing your sweet cards. have a wonderful week, and God bless you as you create your art.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Pssequimages said...

What an absolutely Wonderful card!

Sonia said...

Nice swirls..thanks 4 linking at SACC and good luck...SK :)

Unknown said...

Lovely elegant card Olga, so very warm and pretty! Great card.
hugs
Donna

Jo Ann said...

You did such an awesome job on this project. The embossing and lay-out is so perfect. Thanks for blessing us with your artwork at Word Art Wednesday. Make sure you join us for our new Challenge starting today and to download our new free scripture Word Art. God bless, always!

JO ANN
http://jattterburycreations.blogspot.com