Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Gardenia Birthday Wishes


One more card for today. In this one I used a Cheery Lynn Mexican Tile Pattern die and matted it with purple. I just love this die. It is so very intricate. It also has a center square pattern that you can remove after die cutting, which I did. 

The flower was created with the Memory Box Gorgeous Gardenia Outline and Background dies. I paper pieced the leaves with green card stock and scored them to make them look more realistic. I popped on the flower, stamped the sentiment (GKD Framed Greetings) and was done.

This was a quick and easy card but the end result is a lovely one. Hope you liked it and were inspired to create.


This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
The Outlawz  -  TT080113 - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday  -  Challenge #91 - Anything Goes
Sister Act  -  Challenge #18 - Anything Goes
2 Sisters Challenge Blog  -  Challenge #155 - Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown  -  Challenge #158 - Birthday Party


9 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Olga. What a blessing to have such good, clean, and wholesome art shared in our challenge. Thank you so much for joining in the challenge. It really does mean a lot to me, and I hope you enjoy our challenges as much as we enjoy having you.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Sarah said...

Stunning die cutting!! This is a beautiful and elegant card! Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge :)

Crafting with Darcy said...

Hi Olga, I love that Cheery Lynn Die! My wishlist keeps getting bigger! With that die, you don't need much else! Beautiful beautiful card!
Hugs
Darcy

Unknown said...

This card might have been an easy project but you shouldn't have told us. It is so beautiful.
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful paper craft project with us today at WAW. We appreciate your participation and love seeing your art.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Nonni said...

Beautiful, elegant card! We started a new challenge today at Tuesday Throwdown, I hope you'll join us again!

Cara said...

Hi Olga ... followed you home from The Outlawz! ... I just love this card! It looks like you spent forever on it!
That Cheery Lynn die is going to added to my want list too!
(Hugs) Cara
http://creativechaosbycara.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Hello Olga,
I saw you over at Outlawz and came to visit so I could become your newest follower.
You do lovely work!
I hope you can take a minute to come by and follow my blog too.

QueenBeePaperCrafts.blogspot.com

hugs--
Roberta

MaryH said...

Hi Olga, followed you via Outlawz & just became a new follower. Hope you'll find time to visit my blog too. Loved this card with the beautiful CL die. MBox dies are my favs, and I haven't gotten the gardenia yet. Love what you did with it on this card. TFS & have you bookmarked so that I can return for future visits. Nice to get to know you.

Diane said...

Very pretty die cuts.

Regards diane