Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Owl Birthday



I made this card for my nephew's 29th birthday. I really enjoyed making this card and love how it turned out.

I started out with an ivory base. Next, I cut a layer in GKD Honey Mustard card stock and dragged GKD Honey Mustard ink over the entire layer and then cut a circle in it using a Spellbinders Standard Circles die.

Next, I inked the raised side of a Darice wood grain embossing folder with Memento Rich Cocoa ink. I then used the inked folder to emboss the honey mustard layer. I matted it in black and adhered it to the base card. 

The owl is a digital stamp which I colored with Copics and then cut out. The leaf branch was cut with Memory Box Lorelei Leaf die, trimmed and adhered to the card. I created the sentiment with my computer and then cut it with Spellbinders Ribbon Banners die and then sponged it with ink while still in the die.

I really like how the "tree bark" turned out. I thought it looked pretty realistic. What do you think?  

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you liked my card and come back again. I love to receive comments so please don't hesitate to leave one. And please feel free to become a follower of my blog.

Have a wonderful, creative and safe Memorial Day weekend!


This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
Sister Act  -   Challenge #22 - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday  -  Challenge #95 - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create  -  Challenge #34 - Anything Goes
MFP Speedy TV  -  Simple Salutations 8/28/13
TTCRD  -  Challenge Aug 27-Sep 2  -  Anything Goes


3 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

This is a REALLY cute card, Olga. I love the sweet little owl. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing your card in our challenge this week, and please stop by to link up with us again soon.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Deb said...

This owl is adorable! Which digital stamp site did you purchase him from?

Chana Malkah said...

Olga, this card is just too cute! Nice design for a male card! Good job! Thanks for joining us here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner