Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Friday, August 23, 2013

Retirement Congratulations



Good morning, everyone! I've been busy making cards but couldn't post them just yet. Here is a 5.25 X 7.25 card that I made for a dear friend who is retiring. This card is much larger than ones I usually make but I wanted to use the large scalloped rectangle. I just love the mustard colored card stock matted in black. I think it is so striking. And the scalloped rectangle just frames the embossed focal point layer so beautifully. Below is a list of the products I used in this project:

Card Stock  -  GKD white, honey mustard, black onyx, grass green
Dies  -  Spellbinders Detailed Scallops, HFC Delicate Asters
Embossing folder  -  Marianne DS0908
Punch  -  MS leaf
Sentiment  - computer generated
Other  -  glue dots, foam dimensionals, Tombo Mono adhesive, Stickles

This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
Sister Act  -  Challenge #21 - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday  -  Challenge #94  -  Anything Goes
TTCRD  - Aug 20-27 Challenge -  Anything Goes
The Outlawz  -  Twisted Thursday - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create  -  Challenge 33 - Anything Goes
365 Cards  -  Day 234 - So Big


4 comments:

Contagiously Crafty said...

What a beautiful card. The colors are unexpected, but they are beautiful. How lovely!

Patricia St Martin said...

Olga, Thanks for sharing with us you blog post. I'm a follower now also. I do love your spellbinder, I have seen it before and I think it make a stunning card and your colors are wonderful. Thanks so much for joining us at TT.
Hugs, Pat

Karen Letchworth said...

What a gorgeous card, Olga. I am SO grateful that you've stopped by our challenge blog to share your art with us, and I genuinely hope that you will join us again soon. Your cards are just beautiful, and I am SO thankful to have you share with us.
God bless you!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Michelle Looi said...

That's a very thoughtful gesture. Sweet card for your dear friend!
THanks for sharing at 365cards
~Michelle