Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Thank You Good Friend




Hello again!  Here's another card I made for this week's challenge at Joan's Gardens. Now, I'm not sure whether this card qualifies as having "negative space" but I thought I'd enter it into the challenge.

Once again, I used white for my card base and embossed a purple layer with a Darice EF to give it texture. Next, I stamped my sentiment (from GKD Botanicals) on white and cut it with Spellbinders Decorative Labels One. Using dimensionals, I popped it onto the card. 

Now for the negative space........I used the outline die from Memory Box called Gorgeous Gardenia and cut two outlines in purple and adhered one over the other, but offset them just a bit. This open die cut was my negative space. Next, I cut a solid gardenia using the Gorgeous Gardenia Background die in a lighter shade of purple and used that to back the outline. I cut another solid gardenia in green and snipped off the leaves and paper pieced them on the solid flower shape. (Have I confused you yet?)  The completed flower was then popped onto the card.

When I began this project I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I was pleased with the result. I do love that outline die and will use it over and over again.


This card was entered into the following challenge(s)
Joan's Gardens  -  JG0801
Word Art Wednesday  -  Challenge #91 - Anything Goes
Sister Act  -  Challenge #18  -  Anything Goes
The Outlawz  -  TT080113  -  Anything Goes
2 Sisters Challenge Blog  -  Challenge #155 - Anything Goes


5 comments:

Pssequimages said...

Those flowers are absolutely amazing. What a great idea.

Kitty said...

I think that your card is beautiful and you are very talented

Kathleen

Unknown said...

Another lovely card Olga!!!
Hugs
Donna

Anonymous said...

lovely card thanks for sharing with us at 2 sisters this week x

MaryH said...

Lovely card, and I liked your interpretation of the negative space. Wonderful color combo, and the S/B die was used so effectively on this card. Lovin' that Gardenia die. TFS