Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Blue Car Christmas



I really enjoyed making this masculine Christmas card which I designed for my daughter's boyfriend who just recently purchased a new car, blue in color.

Starting with white card base, I layered it with blue mirror paper, followed by a layer of silver embossed card stock. I added one more layer in white on which I created my focal point....the blue car (which was die cut).

I stamped some ornaments in blue and snow flakes in silver. I came up with what I thought was an appropriate "sentiment" for the theme and had it computer generated. On the inside of the card I added that ..."too bad, you already bought yourself one so maybe this will help to accessorize it" and then attached it to his gift.

I was so pleased that he liked his card and loved his gift!

No comments: