Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Coffee Clutch



Hello! Here is a card I made for The Outlawz Greeting Card challenge where the theme was "coffee and friends."

I used red card stock as my base card and added a layer of white. On top of that I layered some patterned paper I had in my stash. 

Both images are digital images and were computer generated on white card stock. The "coffee girl" is from Etsy (Art and Scrap Shop) and the coffee pot is from Sweet Clip Art. Both were colored with Copic markers.

After coloring the coffee girl image, I used Spellbinders A2 Distressed Edges die to cut out the panel, sponged it with Memento Summer Sky ink and adhered it to the patterned layer. The coffee pot image was cut out with scissors and then popped onto the focal point panel.

I don't think my mojo was on the right track today because I wasn't completely  happy with the result of this project. Other than the coloring of the images, I had a hard time putting it all together. I think I need more sleep (yawn).

Thanks for paying a visit to my blog. Have a creative day!


This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
The Outlawz  -   GCC0310 - Coffee and Friends

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your card....and I think you did a wonderful job of putting it all together. And, that sentiment is perfect too. Reminds me to go and fill my cuppa again! LOL