Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Friday, March 28, 2014

Happy Easter


Hello! Since Easter is just three weeks away this inspired me to create an Easter card for a challenge at Great Impressions, the theme being "Spring Celebrations."

Regal purple is the traditional Easter color in many religious rites. I chose purple for my base card and layered it with white.

On a separate piece of white card stock I stamped a floral swirl from HFC Petite Floral Swirls and colored it with Copics. The sentiment is from GKD Stately Flowers 8 and was stamped in Memento Espresso Truffle ink. This would be my focal panel.

Next, using two (2) separate dies at the same time I cut out my focal panel. For the frame, I used the largest die from Spellbinders Timeless Rectangles. For the cross I used one of the dies from Spellbinders Crosses Two. However, I did not use the die cut cross but left the area of the cut-out open. Instead, I die cut another cross in purple and popped it onto my base card and then popped on my focal panel, the purple cross showing through the open cut out.

That completed my project. Until next time, have a wonderful and creative day!


This card was entered into the following challenge(s):
Great Impressions  -  March Challenge - Spring Celebrations
Sister Act  -  Challenge #50 - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday  -  Challenge #125 - Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody  -  Challenge #39 - Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments -  Challenge #103 - Easter or Spring Sentiment
Craftitude  -  Challenge #61 - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz  -  Challenge #224 - Anything Goes

9 comments:

Unknown said...

The die cut is so crisp and your image is amazing. Thank you for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings, Carole

Angela Westland Australia said...

Absolutely love your card, I love your design and the white is so Easter. The true meaning of Easter is resembled on your card, it is excellent, refreshing to see something new. Would love you to pay me a visit and join my blog.I have joined your blog today. Thank you for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody. Remember you can enter 3 projects each month. I have a few tutorials and templates on my blog now if you would like to try one.I am always adding more. Good Luck! Ange DT:)

http://angetreasures.blogspot.com.au/

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Olga. I need to get busy with my Easter cards, and you have really inspired me here. Thank you!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your work is so beautiful! I just love this Easter card and how it expresses what Easter really is all about!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful Easter card. It is so elegant and beautifully executes. I especially love the shape of the frame and the purple. Thanks for joining us for the Great Impressions challenge!

Gail said...

Ack! Easter is only 3 weeks away!?
Lovely card!

tilly said...

a super die-cut frame for the beautiful swirls, love lilacs and purples on cards, thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz
Tilly

Mynn xx said...

Absolutely beautiful! That purple is so elegant and regal! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! :) HUGS and happy weekend! :) Mynn xx

Sandy said...

Sorry I'm late commenting we have a new granddaughter and have been a bit busy. Your Easter card is wonderful. love the fab colour scheme and diecut frame for your cross and floral image.
Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments this time around. Hope to see you again,
Hugs,
Sandy