Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Poinsettia on Shimmery Tree


Hello everyone! Here is one of my first Christmas cards for this year. I usually make a different card for each recipient. There are so many beautiful possibilities that it is truly hard for me to choose to make just one type of Christmas card. But this year I am way far behind in my Christmas card making so I will have to limit myself to just a few different kinds.

I began with preparing my base card in white card stock. Next, I cut a panel in white a bit smaller than the front of my base and had my sentiment computer generated. My panel was then embossed with a Nellie Snellen Christmas Square 2 folder. 

The tree was cut with a Memory Box Winterland Tree die and covered with glitter. The poinsettia was cut with Sue Wilson's Mosaic Poinsettia die in red suede and Ranger Liquid Pearls was added to the center. The tree and poinsettia were then positioned and adhered to the focal panel. As a last step, the panel was adhered to the base with dimensionals and this completed my project.

Hope you liked this post. Thanks for stopping by and please come again. And I love to receive your comments so please feel free to add your thoughts.


This card was entered into the following challenge(s)
Stamp TV  -  MIUM Challenlge - Christmas Comes Early - STV14MON41
TTCRD  - Challenge Oct 21-Oct 27 - Anything Goes
Fan-Tastic Tuesday  -  Challenge #58 - Anything Goes - Twist: Add flowers
Word Art Wednesday  -  Challenge #155 - Anything Goes
Crafty Girls  -  Challenge #29 - Anything Goes

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Wow, computer generated sentiment! I have done that when I needed one that I did not have, but then I die cut it out. Does it take a lot of figuring to do what you did?

Verna Angerhofer said...

Absolutely stunning and gorgeous Christmas card.

Unknown said...

Olga, Your card is so pristine, the embossing is so lovely and so is that poinsettia. Thank you for posting your beautiful art with us this week during our 155th challenge at Word Art Wednesday. I’m praying for sweet sunshiny days and I’m sending happy hugs to all. Carole, Encouragement Coordinator

KraftyKoolKat said...

Really elegant. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Through the Craft Room Door.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxxxx

Berlin Kult18 said...

Thankks for sharing this