Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Friday, July 17, 2015

Cloudy Skies


Hello! I hope every one has had a fantastic week and is looking forward to the weekend. BBQs, visits to the ocean or pools, outdoor band concerts, carnivals and festivals and all sorts of activities are happening. Hope you'll be taking part in some of these fun things.

The sky is just beautiful this time of year (summer here in the states), bright blue even when there are clouds. And that was one of the themes for this week's challenge at the Mod Squad.  We had a pick of either water or sky. I chose sky for my project.

I began with die cutting my focal panel in white card stock using a die from Sue Wilson's Ornate Pierced Squares. Masking the edges of this panel, I created the clouds using a cloud template and Memento Summer Sky ink. In the next step I stamped the floral image, from SU Serene Silhouettes stamp set,  in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and added the fern image (from GKD Triple Play Frame set). The butterfly image is from GKD Sending Sunshine, the mountain from GKD Mountain Wilderness, and the birds and geese are from Stampscapes stamp sets.

My focal panel was matted in GKD Black Onyx card stock which had been cut and embossed with a die from Spellbinders 6x6 Matting Basics A.This was then adhered to a panel of SU Spring Rain card stock which had been embossed with a Sue Wilson Tartan Trellis embossing folder. Adhering this to a white card base completed my project.

Hope you'll find time to create this weekend amid the cookouts and swimming or any other fun thing you plan to enjoy. Whatever you do, make sure you make it a great day!


This card was entered in the following challenge(s):
Mod Squad  -  July 15 Challenge  -  Water or Sky


2 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

Great take on the challenge - LOVE how you have done the clouds. And the silhouette images are perfect here, as are your color choices, and that mountain is genius!!! Well done, a beautiful card!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this and a great sky I might add!