Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Butterfly Shaker Card



Hello! Hope you're not having the heat wave that we are here in northeast Ohio. Needless to say I am ready for fall.....my favorite season. Crisp air surrounded by the beautiful hues of autumn.  Ahhh... I can almost hear the sound of fallen leaves crunching under my feet, creating a colorful path. I love all four seasons but I think autumn is the most beautiful season of all.

Anyway, back to summer.  This summery card was made for my daughter's birthday. I decided to make a shaker card using a butterfly window to showcase the glittery particles. It wasn't a difficult card to make but required time and patience.

I began with creating my focal panel. I used some floral patterned paper from my stash and cut a butterfly "window" with a Memory Box Darla Butterfly die. Next, I adhered a clear acetate panel on the backside of my focal panel to create the "window" which I would be filling with glittery pieces to create the shaker card. I needed to frame my "window" before filling it. I used foam adhesive strips around the butterfly window to make sure that the shaker contents would be isolated only to the window. After filling the window with tiny glittery shapes I adhered a panel of card stock to the back of my focal panel with dimensionals in order to prevent the shaker contents from spilling out.

With my focal panel complete, I then created my base card in white. added a layer in wisteria and another layer of white card stock before adhering my focal panel to the base.

My sentiment was computer generated and then cut with a die from Lil' Inker Stitched Rectangles and popped onto the card with dimensionals.  As a final touch, a tiny butterfly, cut with a die from Avery Elle Butterflies set, was added to the sentiment. 

Hope you enjoyed this project and will take a stab at making a shaker card, if you haven't already.  Until next time, make it a great day!


3 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is amazingly beautiful. Such gorgeous colors too.

kittykat3308 said...

Your card is beautiful. I'm sure that your daughter wil love it. I know that I do

Kathleen

Judy Woodland said...

This is so pretty. I love the patterned paper, and the shaker part is so cool. I really like that you used the negative of the die cut for the shaker window. Your daughter will love it too!!