Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Smart Phone Birthday



Hello crafting friends! Today I'm sharing a birthday card I made for one of my nephews. Since today's young adults are so tech savvy, I thought I'd make a card with that theme in mind.

I began by creating my base card in GKD white card stock.  I layered it with GKD Soft Sand, followed by a layer of GKD Black Onyx and finally a plaid patterned paper layer that came from my stash.

Next, I created the phone using Marianne's Smart Phone die. The die comes in 2 separate pieces.  I used (unknown) silver card stock to cut the "base" of the phone and GKD Black Onyx card stock to create the phone itself. The "screen" was personally created on my computer and then attached in the opening of the phone. The completed phone was then adhered to my card using dimensionals. Black pearls were added in opposite corners of the card as a final touch.

This was a fun card to make and can be created for just about any age or gender. So, I hope you enjoyed this post and will stop by again soon. Thanks for visiting my blog!


1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

You always make the most wonderful card creations and go to great lengths to make the perfect one for each recipient. This is so amazing. I love your techy card.