Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Autumn Wheat Birthday


This card was created for a former co-worker whose birthday fell this month. I just love making fall cards. It is my favorite season and sometimes I wish it were fall all year round.

I began with creating my base card in GKD Ivory card stock. This was layered with PTI Dark Chocolate followed by another layer of GKD Copper Metallic card stock. I put this aside to work on the focal panel.

Using ivory card stock, I die cut and embossed my focal panel with a die from Lil' Inker Stitched Rectangles. Next, the wheat was cut in GKD Gold card stock using  Impression Obsession Wheat die and then adhered to the panel. A copper-toned bow was added to give the appearance of the wheat being bundled. The leaves, from Impression Obsession Small Leaf set, were cut and embossed in GKD Gold card stock. The sentiment is from GKD Scripty Sayings stamp set and was stamped in Versamark and embossed with gold EP.

This completed my project. In my next post I will share another fall card I made. Please stop by and check it out. Until then, make it a great day!


No comments: