Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Birthday Flower Pot Pop-Up

Inside of card
Front of card

Hello crafters!  It's my favorite daughter's (and my ONLY daughter's) birthday this month. I decided to get out of my comfort zone and create a pop-up card for her.  It was a tedious challenge and required lots of patience. Here's the end result.

Without going into lengthy detail on how the inside pop-up was created I have provided a link to a Karen Burniston video on how to assemble and create the pop-up.  Karen has a several pop-up dies which can be purchased at various craft sites. She does a great job in her video tutorial with step by step instructions.

For the front of the card, I first computer generated my sentiment on ivory card stock.  Next I die cut butterflies on ivory card stock using Memory Box Reverse Butterfly Collage. Then I embossed a border/frame around the panel using a die from Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles.  Glitter was added to the center of the butterflies for accent. Dimensionals were added to the back of this panel and then it was matted with pink card stock. Finally it was adhered to the base card.

As I mentioned, it was a tedious task creating the pop-up flower pot and then arranging flowers in it but it was worth the time spent. I'm looking forward to making more of these pop-up cards. 

Thanks for paying a visit!  Come back again soon for more card projects and inspiration.


1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a great card design. I am sure your daughter will love it.