Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello! Welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. I design and create handcrafted greeting cards. I like to call this passion of mine "visual poetry" ....imagery on paper. Please feel free to browse the photos of my cards and leave a comment.

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Dress-Up Birthday




Hello crafters!  This card was made for a "friend" that I've never met in person. When I was still working, this lady worked in a different state with whom I had frequent contact. In my job I had contacts in every state. This particular lady and I became friends over the years through work-related telephone calls. Even after we both retired we kept in touch with phone calls and cards, but we have never met in real life.  Hence the yearly birthday cards and phone calls.

I began with using a dress template to cut out the dress in some patterned paper that I had.  I added a white satin ribbon at the waist.  Next, I created the purse body in black mirror paper using an image that I found on line and tweaked it. The purse handle was made using 2 circle dies (one larger, one smaller) and then adhered to the back of the purse. The "happy birthday" was stamped with Versamark and then embossed with white EP.  The shoes were die cut in black mirror paper using a die from Impression Obsession Wedding Icons. I put all this aside to work on the base card and layers.

The base card was created in white using GKD Pure Luxury card stock. A layer of SU Blackberry Bliss card stock was added followed by a layer of SU Wisteria Wonder. For the background of the focal point, I die cut a panel of dotted swiss patterned paper using the largest die from Spellbinders 5x7 Detailed Scallops die set.

After adhering all the layers, the dress, purse and shoe images were popped on with dimensionals. This completed my project. I was very happy with the final result.

Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time, make it a great "crafting" day!

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is wonderful and beautiful. And I love the story of how you two developed a friendship. I am sure she will love the card too.